PENINSULA RIVERS CONSERVANCY.
Peninsula Rivers Conservancy is a direct-action conservation and education platform spearheaded by Cooper Landing Fishing Guide, LLC and AKKFFF. PRC is a non-profit 501c3 that was established to directly fight against a massive, large-scale hydroelectric project on one of the most important contributors to the health of the Kenai River - the Snow River near Moose Pass and Seward, Alaska. With the help of our fellow Alaskans, we were able to shut this dam down and begin the conversations about renewable technologies, utility inefficiencies and energy solutions for Alaska.
Peninsula Rivers Conservancy in the news
- "ALASKA DAM WOULD DISRUPT PRISTINE SALMON RIVER - OPPONENTS" - E&E NEWS - MARGARET HOBSON
- "CONTROVERSIAL DAM PROJECT PROPOSED FOR SNOW RIVER" - SEWARD JOURNAL - MELISSA REESE
- "OPPOSITION RISES QUICKLY AGAINST PROPOSAL FOR KENAI PENINSULA DAMS." - ALASKA DISPATCH NEWS - ALEX DEMARBAN
- "HYDRO PROJECT ON SNOW RIVER PROMPTS CONCERNS FROM AREA RESIDENTS" - MIKE ROSS AND DAN CARPENTER - KTUU
- "SNOW RIVER DAM PROJECT SCRAPPED" - PENINSULA CLARION - BEN BOETTGER
- "SNOW RIVER HYDRO CONCEPT MEETS IMMEDIATE SKEPTICISM" - ALASKA JOURNAL OF COMMERCE - ELWOOD BREHMER
- "CHUGACH KILLS SNOW RIVER HYDROPOWER STUDY" ALASKA JOURNAL OF COMMERCE - ELWOOD BREHMER
- "UTILITY TO HALT KENAI PENINSULA DAM STUDY AFTER PUBLIC OUTCRY" - ALASKA DISPATCH NEWS - ALEX DEMARBAN
- "ALASKA DAM PROJECT CANCELLED AFTER OPPOSITION" - E&E NEWS - MARGARET HOBSON
- "HOW LOCAL OPPOSITION TOOK DOWN AN ALASKA DAM PROJECT" - E&E NEWS - MARGARET HOBSON
- "ANGLERS STOP ALASKA DAM BEFORE IT STARTS" - AUSTIN WILLIAMS - TROUT UNLIMITED